Monday, January 2, 2023

Most Anticipated films of 2023

Most Anticipated films of 2023

With 2022 in the rear view, it is time to look forward to the next year of Films. There are plenty of big blockbusters set to hit cinemas this year and here are my top 10 most anticipated films of 2023, these are the films that I am personally looking forward to the most. It is funny that due to Covid and many delays, films that were on my list for this year have been moved onto this list here. 

10. Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom 


First film on the list is one that was supposed to come out in 2022: Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom. I really enjoyed the first Aquaman and I am very intrigued to see just how they handle this sequel. Now there has been huge changes at DC Studios the last few weeks which means this could be the last time we get to see Jason Momoa in the role of Aquaman. Seeing Aquaman vs Black Manta as the main story this time is something I want to see and though I am not as excited as I previously was I do want the film to be good. 

9. The Flash 


Similar to Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom, this film has been hit by the big shake up at DC and the awful actions from lead star Ezra Miller. But there is no doubt that I am excited to see just what they can do with this film. We know Michael Keaton will be returning as Batman and that is basically the main reason this film makes it onto the list. I used to be a big fan of The Flash TV show and if this film can get close to the best times of that show then despite everything this can be a good film. 

8. Shazam! Fury of The Gods


I promise that this is the last DC film to make it on this list but I think it is clear to see that this is a big year for the company. Shazam! was a fun film that I actually think is quite underrated which leads to me being excited for the sequel Fury of the Gods. After the disappointing performance by Black Adam, I am looking forward to seeing a slightly lighter take on this type of character and the trailer made me think that this film will continue on the good work from the original film. 

7. Oppenheimer 

Away from comic book films quickly we now have Oppenheimer. This film documents the life of J. Robert Oppenheimer and what his role was in creating the Atomic Bomb. This story is already really interesting and feels like a story that deserves the big screen experience. But the selling point for me is that it is directed by Christopher Nolan, he is one of the best directors ever and anything made by him is a must watch. It also has a fantastic cast led by Cillian Murphy, all of these things put together gives me really high hopes. 

6. Creed 3


Next on the list is Creed 3. I love a great sports film and the Rocky/Creed franchise has me hooked and this film is one of those films that I cannot wait for. The big talking point is that Sylvester Stallone is not coming back as Rocky and though I think that will be a big void, I think this universe and character of Adonis Creed has been built up well enough to survive. Seeing Michael B Jordan take on Jonathan Majors is going to be great to see. 

5. Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning - Part 1


This film has suffered from plenty of issues and delays but the Mission Impossible franchise has been consistently delivering great action movies and I can't see that being any different for Dead Reckoning Part 1. Tom Cruise is still clearly passionate about this franchise and that means there will be some crazy action sequences and an absurd stunt that will wow audiences hopefully. 

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3


2022 wasn't the best year for The Marvel Cinematic Universe but hopefully 2023 will see an improvement. Starting off with the final Guardians of The Galaxy film, I love the first film in the franchise and like its sequel so I have high hopes for this film. The cast & director have basically said this will be the last time we see the group together and the trailer that was released recently got me thinking this could be a huge film and one of the best of the year. 

3. Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania 


The other major film coming out for The MCU next year is Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania and this could be the biggest film in the history of the franchise. It is going to see the true introduction of Jonathan Majors as Kang The Conqueror and this is going to lead to bigger things in the next Avengers films. The trailer was fantastic and promises an epic journey through the Quantum Realm and I really hope this film can live up to the hype. 

2. John Wick Chapter 4


Even though I said Mission Impossible has had great action films over the last few years, my favourite action films have been the John Wick films. Keanu Reeves has been amazing in these films and the action is brilliantly choreographed and executed. After the events of the previous film it sets up this film fantastically and I really hope it delivers on all the awesome action that it has potential to do. 

1. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse


For me the film I am most excited for in 2023 is Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse. The first film in this franchise is legitimately one of my favourite films ever so this sequel has high expectations to reach but I have high hopes it can. The animation is superb and the characters are written so well that a concept like this really can deliver. I am hoping for awesome new Spider-Men and a film worthy of its predecessor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment