Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Chad Powers Season 2 (2026) Review

Chad Powers Season 2 (2026) Review


I was one of the people that quite enjoyed the first season of Chad Powers but also accepting it wasn't exactly a show that you had to rush out and watch. But the second season of the show came out last week and with this season dropping all the episodes at once, I have watched the whole season and here is my review. The premise of the season sees Chad attempt to continue his success while deceiving his team and dealing with his new relationships. 

Main Character

Glen Powell is back as Russ Holiday/Chad Powers and he once again shows why he is one of the best leading men in Hollywood with a truly brilliant performance. We get more Russ this season and it really allows Powell to show his acting chops and really deliver both elements of the character to make this somehow one of the more interesting characters on TV. 

Supporting Characters

Perry Matfield plays Ricky and her character development is really good. Following the dramatic finale from last season, I am glad that it does feel pretty natural with their development and it isn't something that is just pretty generic and she is a great character in her own right. 

I found Danny Cruz played by Frankie A. Rodriguez really annoying in the first season but I am happy to say that he is much better here. I think they tone the character down a bit and give him proper development, especially with his relationship with Chad which is really well handled. 

Steve Zahn is back as Coach Hudson and his development is fantastic and he has real character development. He provides so much emotion to his performance and provides real heart as his character goes through a lot of issues himself. 

But the real surprise this season was the extended role for Gerry played by Colton Ryan. He becomes more of an antagonist to Chad and though he is clearly deluded and a bit crazy, there is some real sympathy for him and understanding of why he goes about his actions and Ryan deserves a lot of credit for that. 

Story

The show really changes its story from this silly comedy on whether Chad will be caught but into a story about people and the struggles they really go through and this is when the show is at its best. There is real character development and this is better then anything the comedy could ever do and I am really happy the show went in this direction. However, the show does occasionally have something that is just so ridiculous that it takes you out of the show or a generic plot point that isn't really necessary and that is a shame. 

Script

As I have alluded to above, the show moves more towards the dramatic nature and it knocks it out of the park and creates some truly emotional moments and dialogue that really makes these characters great. But, in its essence it wants to be a comedy and I just didn't really dig that much of it and only chuckled a few times. 

Style

The tone of the show is just a remarkable change into the dramatic and it is just what it needed and made it a better show. The American Football is still well made and the pacing of the show is excellent, especially with it all being dropped at the same time. 

Overall

Overall, Chad Powers Season 2 is a Great Season of Television. It is a huge improvement on the first season and makes this must watch TV, I had such a great time with it and I genuinely think it is the surprise of the year so far and I give it great credit for that and hope we see more Chad in the future. 

Rating - 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment