Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Deceived Season 1 (2020) Review

 The Deceived Season 1 (2020) Review

So this week Channel 5 premiered a new drama called The Deceived and I have now watched the four episodes and here is my review for the show. The premise of the season sees a young student fall in love with her married professor but after a death in his family she finds herself in an uncomfortable situation. 

Main Character

Emily Reid plays the main female character here and I thought she wasn't very good. Looking at her history she has not acted much and it comes across, plus her character is really boring and hard to care about. She is really gullible and falls for everything here, there isn't any reason to care about her other that the guy is a bit creepy, she just added nothing into the role for me to care about her as a character. 

Supporting Characters

Emmet J Scalan plays the professor here and I thought he was the best actor here, though that isn't saying much. He does creepy quite well, you know something isn't quite right with this guy and that he isn't as nice as he seems. I mean there isn't that much to his character but for what he was given I thought he did fine. But the rest of the characters did nothing for me, they were poorly acted and there was nothing interesting about them, one character in particular called Sean was so bad here and every time he was on screen I just switched out. 

Story

The story is all over the place, if you have read the premise you can kind of guess the main idea for the story but it is so convoluted and stupid. I mean it tries to deal with supernatural stuff which it fails miserably and when the twist is revealed you are left shaking your head wondering who wrote this. This show also sets up a second season in an illogical way that shouldn't really interest anybody. 

Script

The script has nothing about it, the romance and drama just doesn't click for me to make me care about the relationships here. Also as I mentioned the writing goes all over the place in terms of storytelling and really hurts the show. 

Style

The style of the show does doe a half decent job in building tension and making the show aesthetically look nice. It is just paced poorly and even though there are only four episodes it feels like that is even too much. 

Overall

Overall, I thought this was an awful show, the acting isn't good, the plot is not good and it is not worth your time so don't watch it. 

Rating - 2/10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment