Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Eternals (2021) Trailer Review

Eternals (2021) Trailer Review

 

So after a long wait, we finally have a full trailer for one of Marvels big 2021 films Eternals and here is what I noticed and my review for the trailer as a whole. 

The group have been around for a long time. 

In the comics The Eternals have been a group of powerful beings who are really old and that is going to be held up here. The trailer shows Gemma Chan and Richard Madden's characters Sersi and Ikaris arrive to Earth in a clearly old timeline, so the question has to be what exactly has been going on and why are we being shown this. 

They haven't intervened in events till now. 

This is how the write around the previous point. By saying that the group have guided but not intervened in events that have happened on Earth. I mean that surely means the stakes of this film have to be huge, for these people to come out of hiding, it must be end of the world stuff. Considering they sat out the Whole Thanos storyline, Marvel are going to have to do a convincing job in explaining why the group are now deciding to help humans. 

The film looks visually stunning

I know very little about The Eternals but I have faith in Marvel Studios and this film has a legit cast and director. Though this trailer has sold me on the visual aspects, the costumes look good and some of the backdrops are just beautiful to look at and suck you into what is going on. 

The trailer has very little plot

The trailer though is lacking any real plot details and I am okay with it at this point. I got a tone and vibe of the film which for a first trailer is important but I know about as much as I knew before watching it and that is a slight shame. I'm not asking for spoilers but the next trailer has to give a little bit more about what is going on. 

Seems like an Eternals/Avengers crossover will happen at some point. 

Even though this film is a part of the MCU, I always wondered how much crossover there would be but it seems like at least at some point. The group discuss the fact that The Avengers need a new leader and it is pretty easy to see a bit of a conflict happen in the future due to the inactivity of The Eternals and that could be very fun indeed. 

Overall

Overall, this trailer did what it needed to. It showed a great tone and visual experience that will hopefully live up to The Marvel banner. I didn't learn any more about the plot and thus this might fall by the wayside a little bit until another trailer and as the release date approaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment