Friday, June 28, 2024

Ranked - A Quiet Place Films

Ranked - A Quiet Place Films

Horror films have always been a sore spot for me as I just think they are quite lazy and repetitive. But a franchise over the last few years has peaked my interest which is A Quiet Place, we have had a few films in the franchise so I just about can justify making a rankings so here we are. 

3. A Quiet Place: Part 2 (2021)


This was a really tough position, as I sit here the films on this list are so close in quality and I enjoy them all thoroughly, I just enjoy this film slightly less. Emily Blunt & Cillian Murphy are fantastic in their roles and this film is really gripping. I had some issues with the splitting up of the main characters and the fact that it does slightly fall for those horror tropes such as jump scares. But this is a great film and a truly worthy sequel. 

2. A Quiet Place: Day One (2024)


The prequel to this franchise delivers on what is the best part of this franchise. The performances of Lupita Nyong'o & Joseph Quinn are fantastic and watching their journey is a really engaging and emotional time. The films pacing isn't that great and I just feel like this film doesn't fully maximise its potential but again it is a Great film and one that lives up to the franchise name. 

1. A Quiet Place (2018)


Again, it is really close but I do believe the first A Quiet Place is the best film of the franchise so far. Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Millicent Simmonds & Noah Jupe are great as the family and I really feel their connection here. The story and ending aren't perfect but there is no doubt that this is a tension filled film and one that really kept me on my toes and made me get invested in this film. 

Overall

Overall, A Quiet Place has been a great franchise for horror films and I think the franchise has more legs in it but I think they might have to change up the format and give some more context to exactly why The Aliens are on the planet and how and if the humans can finally stop them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment