Monday, January 24, 2022

The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman Mini Series (2022) Review

The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman Mini Series (2022) Review


This documentary made its way to Netflix a few days ago and is being watched by plenty of people. So I thought I would watch The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman and here is my review for it. The premise of the mini series documents the events where a man posing as an MI5 agent tricked people into giving him money and power. 

What the documentary does really well is avoid all of the fluff and get you invested from the beginning. Everything is being documented by the people involved and there is no clear separate agenda as there seems to be with too many documentaries these days. This was seemingly a big deal when the case happened but I knew nothing about it and the show gets you up to speed and gives you what you need. 

You wouldn't believe in half of the things said here as it feels so absurd, but with the people involved it clearly was and it just makes you wonder how exactly this guy got away with what he is doing and how it affects people to this current day. 

This show is only 3 episodes long and where I think that is a good thing as it does trim some of the fat off. I also think some of the parts of this show could have done with more detail. I just wanted to know more and it would have been cool if we could have got even more. 

The show also ends on a bit of a sour note and it feels a bit unfinished and that is obviously a shame. Hopefully, the release of this show brings more attention to this situation and gets it more finished. 

Overall, this documentary did a good job of getting me interested and making me care about the subject matter and for its short runtime I would say give it a go. 

Rating - 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment