Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Tiger King (2020) Limited Series Review

Tiger King (2020) Limited Series Review

 Over the last few days this series has taken over both Netflix and the internet so my curiosity overcame me and I decided I had to watch the documentary series Tiger King and this is my review for the series. The premise of the series sees a rivalry between big cat owners take a dark turn where Joe Exotic is caught in a murder for hire plot.

Now if I described this show as an animal rights show it isn't doing it justice, it is a story about the world of these people owning Big Cats and how they are pretty narcisitic and eccentric to say the least. Joe Exotic is the main guy the documentary follows and wow this guy is as eccentric as they get, if somebody created this character I would have thought it was a bit far fetched but this guy is a real person and you can't take your eyes off of him. He is very entertaining to watch and you just want to see more and more of him on this show.

What this show does really well, is that it is pretty fair, every main character has some real issues, there are pretty much no good people on the show and even the animal rights activists are incredibly shady and just as unlikeable as the animal owners in my opinion.

It is fascinating, to see so many hypocritical people involved with this show and the steps that they take to try and prove their point as it feels pretty tragic as the majority of things were unneccessary and really feel like people just trying to show their the top people in there field. 

I was a bit worried when I saw this show was 7 episodes but it flew by perfectly, the show uses cliffhangers brilliantly to keep you interested and invested in it throughout with the stakes rising higher and higher leading to a satisfying ending but one that has me asking for some more questions.

Overall, for me this was an epic documentary for me that I couldn't take my eyes off and it will interest you all the way and leave you wanting more. 

Rating - 10/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment