Saturday, January 1, 2022

My Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2022

My Top Ten Most Anticipated Films of 2022

With 2021 being another pretty disruptive year to the cinema calendar, it leads to a pretty mouth-watering selection of films for 2022 and here are the ten films that I am most looking forward to seeing next year. 

10. Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom


So to start the list is Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom which is set to come out in December. I really enjoyed the first Aquaman film and after watching The Snyder Cut I had a bit more hope for this set of characters. With Jason Momoa really doing a great job and Black Manta being set to play a larger role I am pretty excited for this film. 

9. Mission Impossible: 7


Very little is known about the details of Mission Impossible 7 but there can be no denial that this series has been knocking it out of the park lately. Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation and Fallout are all fantastic action films and with this team of actors and director together I am hoping for something special once again. Plus, Tom Cruise will probably do some mad stunt that will make it memorable at least. 

8. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 


After the tragic death of Chadwick Boseman it wasn't sure what was going to happen with the Black Panther franchise. But Black Panther Wakanda Forever is set to come out later this year. This film has some real intrigue and exciting rumours about it with little concrete. The only reason it isn't higher on this list is due to the difficult filming situations that have been reported that does make me slightly worry about the direction of the film. 

7. Black Adam 


Another DC Comic Book Film that I am excited for is Black Adam. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is playing the villain/anti-hero and it is going to be fascinating to see him in action. It seems like the film will be more violent and have a more mature feeling and I am also really excited to seeing Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate. 

6. Lightyear


A prequel about Buzz Lightyear coming out is actually pretty exciting. This film has so much potential that it is impossible to not be excited about it. Chris Evans is voicing Lightyear and seeing the real person that the toy is based on in action is sure to be a great watch. Also the visuals look stunning and this could be one of the best looking films ever. 

5. The Flash 


It is going to be a big year for DC and my next film is The Flash. This film has me excited because of how grand it is setting itself to be. After The Snyder Cut I really liked Ezra Millers Flash and with a loose recreation of The Flashpoint story that is pretty exciting. The piece on top of the cake is Michael Keaton reprising his role as Batman which for an old school fan like me is why this film is really so high up this list. 

4. Thor: Love and Thunder


The top 4 on this list are really close together and Thor Love and Thunder is one of those films that I am so excited for next year. I love Thor Ragnarok and the whole story arc that Thor went through in Avengers Endgame. With an exciting cast, ambitious director and the promise that Jane Foster will become Female Thor this is a comic book film that can't be missed. 

3. Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Part 1


Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is legitimately one of my favourite comic book films ever made so any sequel is going to have me excited. I am really excited to get back into this world because it is so unique and there is so much that can be done. With it being a two part film I really hope this film doesn't feel like build up to an even better film that we will eventually get. 

2. The Batman 


Up until a few weeks ago this was my number 1 and I am so pumped to see The Batman. All the footage that we have seen from the trailers looks amazing and after waiting so long for this film I am now buzzing that it is only a few months away. I really hope this is a great film and sees a new set of really fantastic new Batman stories. 

1. Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse of Madness


My number 1 film is Doctor Strange: In The Multiverse of Madness. After watching Spider-Man: No Way Home, Wandavision and the trailer for this film I knew that this was the film that held my attention for next year. Seeing Strange and Scarlett Witch travelling The Multiverse is going to be lots of fun and I genuinely think this will be a Marvel hit. 

Overall

Overall, as you can see I am really excited for the selection of comic book films next year but there are other films I am excited for and I hope 2022 can be one of the best years for film in recent years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment