Friday, August 28, 2020

Predictions: Supergirl Season 6

 Predictions: Supergirl Season 6 


So I just finished the 5th season of the DC show Supergirl, and with the show having a more abrupt finale due tot the pandemic, it left things pretty up in the air and set fine for the 6th season. Though it is up in the air when it will air not just to Covid 19 but the fact that Melissa Benoit who plays Supergirl is pregnant, but when it does happen these are some of the things I think might happen in Season 6. 

Lex Luthor will be defeated early on

In an interview recently, Jon Cryer who plays Lex Luthor was surprised that in the current format of the show that he wasn't defeated at the end of season 5. So that tells me that they might have already filmed his downfall and I would expect Luthor to be defeated early on in Season 6. What this mean for the character could be that he has a smaller role and occasionally show up on this show and the new Superman and Lois show as he feels a natural fit there. 

Braniac 5 will survive

At the end of the season it very much looked like that Brainiac 5 would die, but I think this is clearly a red herring. Supergirl is not a show known for killing off its characters and I don't expect that to change anytime soon. I actually think Braniac 5 has to survive because I think his character will play an important role in the future of the show which I will get into later. 

Kara and William will become a couple

It is a positive for this show, that despite having a female lead, the show has not often put her into a pointless romance that made her seem weaker. But after Crisis on Infinite Earths it was clear that they were setting up a romance between Kara and William and I am actually fine with that. In the new timeline I thought they had good chemistry together and I actually thought William was quite a likeable character. 

Leviathan will still be the main villain led by a mysterious leader

In season 5 of the show the shadowy group Leviathan was revealed to be the main antagonist and honestly, them and their plan was pretty boring. Though, delayed it was clear at the end of the season Leviathan wasn't defeated and I think they will be the main antagonists again for the upcoming season. Throughout Season 5 we are told of a female elder that leads the group but are never introduced to them, so I am expecting this woman to be the main villain of Season 6.

Braniac will be teased as an upcoming villain

I have always believed that when Brainac 5 and the Legion Of Superheroes were introduced in Season 3 that this would eventually build to the more well known Villain Braniac becoming a main villain and maybe the final villain of Supergirl. I know the character was recently used on Krypton, but with that show cancelled it opens the character up to make his mark on this show. 

Overall

Overall, I wasn't a fan of the 5th season of Supergirl, but I believe that there is potential for a better 6th season which will hopefully focus more and get back to the interesting story elements of season 4.  



No comments:

Post a Comment