Saturday, August 22, 2020

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) Trailer Review

 Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) Trailer Review


Tonight is the DC Fandome event and the first trailer has hit the internet and it is for their next film Wonder Woman 1984 and here are my thoughts on it. 

The Cheetah design is really good

Ever since Kristen Wiig was cast as Barbara Minerva aka Cheetah I was concerned as she is mainly a comedic actor but this trailer got me on board. She seems good in her normal form but I was still worried about the Cheetah design but this trailer gives us our first look and I have to say it looks really good. We see Diana and Cheetah fighting and it just looks great, they really do a great job in showing this human being who has been granted the powers of a cheetah and I am looking forward to seeing more when the film comes out in October. 

Steve Trevor and Diana have swapped roles in this film

In the first film we saw Steve Trevor helping Diana adapt to the normal world and now with his supposed Resurrection it seems Diana will have to do the same for him. With the film taking place in the 1980's the film will see Diana helping Steve get used to the 80's and even though I am not a fan of him being resurrected I think these will be a fun thing in the film.

We will see more of Diana as a child on Themyscira 

 It is interesting to see that in the trailer we will see more of Diana's time on her home Themyscira with her fellow Amazons. It is safe to assume that all of the stuff to do with the island will be in flashbacks and it could give her more backstory and I like the amazons so the more we see of them the better. 

Maxwell Lord will be the real main villain

Even though Cheetah is clearly the main physical threat, I think that Maxwell Lord played by the excellent Pedro Pascal will be the real villain here. It seems that he is the one behind Steve Trevor's Resurrection and Cheetah's powers so it will be interesting to see what his endgame exactly is. 

Overall, this is a great trailer which has me more excited for this movie and I am hopeful that this can be a worthy sequel to a great Comic Book Movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment