Monday, October 26, 2020

First Impressions - The Undoing

First Impressions - The Undoing 


So this morning I woke up to find this new Limited Series' first episode on Sky and I saw that Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant were in it so I gave it a watch and here are my first impressions of this show, there will likely be spoilers for this episode of the show here.  

Was mainly build up

This episode didn't offer to much for a pilot episode, it mainly felt like we were just being introduced to these characters and that nothing really goes on. Yes the last 15 mins start getting interesting and pushing the plot forward but it does take its time to get going. 

Hugh Grant is great and easily the most interesting character

Nicole Kidman is the main character, but there isn't much too her at the moment, so I found myself interested by Grants character. A doctor dealing with Cancer who seems to be a fun and great guy until the very end of the episode where he has disappeared out of nowhere. Hopefully, he doesn't spend too much time off screen as I want to see more of him here. 

It seems like the reveal has been showed - or has it?  

I mean it seems pretty obvious that the night that a woman who has been creeping on Kidman is killed is the same night that her husband plays by Grant vanishes. It seems likely that Grant killed her for some reason, but I kind of hope that isn't the case. For this show to stand out amongst the crowd it has to do something different. 

Overall

Overall, I didn't really think much of this first episode of The Undoing. It wasn't terrible by any means but it was just not a lot happened for the majority of it. Obviously with the end of the episode it seems things are going to pick up and become more interesting, which it needs to make the show be a memorable one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment