Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Henry Cavill says he wants to come back as Superman - Does this mean we are getting Man Of Steel 2?

Henry Cavill says he wants to come back as Superman - Does this mean we are getting Man Of Steel 2? 


So today when talking about The Snyder Cut version of Justice League Henry Cavill revealed that he wants to play the characte of Superman for many years to come. This is a change from last year where he said he had no interest in reprising the role, also we heard a few weeks back that DC were interested in bringing him back but Cavill wasn't. So now that it seems that both parties are in agreement what does that mean for the character in the DCEU and does it mean Man Of Steel 2 is on the table? 

Will he only have a supporting role?

As mentioned above there was a rumour a few weeks back that DC wanted to use Superman as there version of The Incredible Hulk, he wouldn't have a solo movie but would appear in other DCEU films. Initially, it was thought that Cavill wasn't interested in that and honestly I wouldn't be either. It works for Hulk but I feel like the character of Superman deservers better and I feel like Cavill would only agree to this if he was given the chance at his own sequel.

Will he appear in The Flash?

Though I am about to contradict myself, with Michael Keaton's Batman reportedly set to reprise his role as Batman in The Flash film could The Man Of Steel join him. I thought in the little part they had together Ezra Miller & Cavill had good chemistry together and I'm not saying it should be a huge role but it would be cool to see him pop up, it could even be a more villanious role due to Flashpoint. 

They left him an interesting point in Justice League

One thing that Cavill was criticised for was being a very moody version character, but I feel like at the end of Justice League that had changed. He was a more likeable and charismatic version of the character and I really feel like the character could be more developed with more appearances in the future. 

He does the chance at a proper sequel.

I have to be honest I love Man Of Steel, I believe that it is one of the most underrated films that there is. But I felt Batman V Superman came too soon and the character needed his own sequel first. Now I think is the time to give him that chance, there is so much potential for the character and I want to see him go against Braniac and I feel like a Man Of Steel 2 is a great chance to do that.

Overall, I really hope that Cavill and DC can come to an agreement and we see Man Of Steel 2 as I really like the actor in the role and he deserves a chance for another solo movie, hopefully directed by somebody who isn't Zack Snyder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment