Friday, July 24, 2020

Fear City: New York Vs The Mafia (2020) Mini Series Review

Fear City: New York Vs The Mafia (2020) Mini Series Review


One company that has really benefited from the worldwide Lockdown has been Netflix and once again the are back with a documentary called Fear City: New York Vs The Mafia and here is my review for it. The premise of the show looks at how the police attempted to take down the New York Mafia crime families in one go. 

So, for the me The Mafia is a really interesting subject and one thing I like about the documentary is the way it shows people from the police and the mafia and the different ways they look at it from the two different perspectives.

Also they do a good job in showing just how big the mafia had got in New York and just how many people in the FBI it took to take part in this job and this documentary. 

But this show just isn't very memorable at all, I guess it is one of those things, we have seen so much of The Mafia in films and TV series whether more factual or cinematic that nothing really surprises me or shocks me which is a let down here. 

It also feels like there is a lack of detail here, usually I am happy with three episodes in a documentary but I thought more detail could have helped here, and maybe a further episode which looked at the aftermath of the Rico Case

Overall, this is just a very forgettable documentary, the mafia is interesting but this show did nothing to keep me invested and though not bad won't be one to watch unless you are Mafia obsessed. 

Rating - 5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment