Monday, July 6, 2020

Unsolved Mysteries (2020) Series Review

Unsolved Mysteries (2020) Series Review


So this documentary hit Netflix last Wednesday and I have now got around to watch Unsolved Mysteries which is a remake of the show from 1987 and here is my review for it. The premise of the show sees each episode focus on events such as Murder, kidnapping & UFO spotting and how they were never solved.

Now onto the subjects, similar to the show Home Game which I just reviewed there are some more interesting then others. There are some fascinating tales that are very chilling and make you really feel for the people involved. The people themselves are interesting and there emotion is what keeps you watching.

But, now onto what I wasn't a huge fan of. Maybe I have seen too many messed up documentaries because even though bad, some of these stories didn't feel that bad to me. They didn't hit the crazy enough levels for me, I think a big issue was that because of the premise none of these stories finish which leaves you feeling like you kind of wasted your time and like the people involved have no closure. 

Also, the show deals with really terrible things but then there is this episode about UFO's and it really took me out of it. It feels completley different to everything else you will watch and doesn't feel like it should be here. 

I just felt watching this show, it feels like an excuse to try and get these crimes solved because the police can't. At the end of each episode it asks for more information and feels like this was the only reason that it even got made. 

It also feels like there isn't enough information given, by trying to focus on 6 different stories it feels like an introduction to these stories and never allows you to sink your teeth into

Overall, it sounds like I hate this show but I don't, I find it very hard to hate a documentary. This has some interesting stories but for me it is a weaker documentary with not as much to keep you invested and probably worth a skip.

Rating - 4/10  

No comments:

Post a Comment