Friday, July 17, 2020

Miracle Workers Season 2 The Dark Ages (2020) Review

Miracle Workers Season 2 The Dark Ages (2020) Review


So after watching the first season of Miracle Workers, I have just finished season 2 of the show even though there is literally no connection between the two seasons and here is my review for the second season of Miracle Workers The Dark Ages. The premise of the season shows how people get by day to day in the medieval times. 

Main Character

Geraldine Viswanathan was more of a supporting character in the first season but I felt like here she is the main character and I thought she was okay. I think she is a talented actress and she has some fun moments here it is just her character that I didn't really enjoy. She comes across as really pretentious and above every other character here and it makes it hard to care about her and the plights that she goes through. 

Supporting Characters

Daniel Radcliffe is more of a side character here but he is still really good, he plays the prince of the village and he was very likeable for me and was funny here, like he was in the first series. Steve Buscemi is back but he is not God this time around but he is still funny, he is likeable here and still looks like he is having plenty of fun. Karan Soni is back and he is still a fun part of this show and has some good chemistry with Radcliffe throughout. Also the addition of Peter Serafinowicz as the King was an inspired choice and I thought he did a great job. 

Story

This is mostly where the show falls down for me, the plot really doesn't do anything for me, mainly because I still am not sure exactly what the point of the story is. There is this basic romance and family drama and it just didn't work for me and if I am just being honest I would have much preferred a second season in Heaven.

Script

The script is still quite funny here, I cannot deny that at times I was finding myself laughing quite a bit. It just lacked the charm that I thought the first season had and the lack of intrigue that the first season had as well. 

Style

The one thing I like about the style of the show, is the use of modern day ideas in the medieval times and the creative ways that they use them. But, a slight criticism I had of the first season was having a few too many episodes, so they thought it would be a great idea to give this season 10 episodes which is way too many which hurts the show.

Overall

Overall, this is an average second season, that feels more paint by numbers which is disappointing. If you enjoyed the first season, you might have some fun here but I wouldn't recommend this.  

Rating - 5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment