Saturday, July 25, 2020

Agents Of Shield Season 7 loses its UK Provider - what is the future for the show

Agents Of Shield Season 7 loses its UK Provider - what is the future for the show


So this week some news came out that I think won't affect a huge amount of people but it does me so I thought I would talk about and it is that Marvels TV Series has lost its UK Provider as E4 have decided not to renew it for its 7th and final season. So I guess this leaves me to look at the alternatives for what the future could hold for the show in The UK. 

Move to Amazon Prime

This I think is quite a likely action, all 6 seasons of the show are on Amazon Prime so it would be natural for Marvel to use prime as a way to show the final season and make the whole collection available. But Marvels only team up with Amazon was the show Cloak and Dagger that received very little fanfare and was cancelled after its second season so the question is will they want to risk less people seeing the final season of a pretty great show in Agents Of Shield. 

Move to Disney Plus

This also would seem a smart move, we have already seen with the success of the final season of The Clone Wars how bringing a new season of a franchise to Disney Plus could be a great idea. The streaming service has 5 seasons of the show only missing out on the 6th so the majority of the show is there to watch already plus if numbers are good it could even spawn possible spinoffs and future content. But I am not sure that Disney right now with its commitment to other Marvel Shows will want to link itself to this show. 

We won't get the chance to see it

This for me is the least likely option but both E4 and Channel 4 have cancelled this show due to low ratings so maybe Marvel will just cut their losses and decide that it isn't worth the hassle, but again I highly doubt that would happen.

Overall, I really hope this situation gets sorted as I love Agents Of Shield and think people in The UK deserve the chance to see the resolution to the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment