Monday, July 6, 2020

DC set to announce two secret films at their Fan Event - What could they be?

DC set to announce two secret films at their Fan Event - What could they be?

So a recent leak revealed that at DC - Fandom there will be two secret films announced and they will be a priority for the company. So I thought why not theorise and try and work out what those two films could be, so I have gone through every bit of information and rumour that I could but there is no fact involved and none of these might be getting made in the future. Also I won't include films that have been announced already such as Shazam 2, Aquaman 2 & The Flash. I have come up with a list in order of least likely to most likely, starting with the least likely.

10. Batgirl

It was reported a while back that Joss Wheddon would be producing and possibly directing a Batgirl movie. However, since then Wheddon left the project and recently has had fallings out with DC due to reported issues while he directed Justice League. With Batwoman failing to hit a large audience on TV, I doubt DC are going to want to take the risk with another female member of the Bat Family so soon. Plus even though he isn't involved anymore I doubt DC would want to make a film that has any connection with Wheddon. The only reason it makes this list is that it was heavily rumoured in the past and I can kind of see DC wanting to make it to spited Wheddon but I think it is highly unlikely. 

9. Green Lantern Corps

So this one is interesting, this film was announced to be in production back in 2015, which is crazy but was cancelled when DC realised they had no idea what they were doing. But there have been rumblings ever since about this film still being planned which is hopeful as this is one of the films on this I really want to see, I think it could be DC's version of Guardians Of The Galaxy. But due to the lack of information regarding this film it makes it unlikely it will be the one announced.

8. Justice League Dark

Like others on this list, Justice League Dark was rumoured to be happening with Guillermo Del Toro set to Direct, but that was a while ago and nothing has been heard since. Recently this property hit the animated screen to much success so maybe that might drive DC to revive it. This inclusion here is linked to others on this list and I think focusing on a magical more dark version of The Justice League could be fantastic. Though with little information I would think this is low on the list of probability.

7. Wonder Woman 3 

This is a bit of a cheap choice here, after the success of the first film and hopefully the upcoming Wonder Woman 1984 it is a guarantee that we will see a third Wonder Woman film. Films have been known before a film to announce it's sequel to drum up interest, but will this film. Though interviews with the director Patty Jenkins she said she wasn't sure if she would come back for a third film so maybe any talk of a third film will be put on hold. Honestly, this would be a pretty uninspired choice by DC and I don't think they will go this way, but never say never to this choice. 

6. Gotham City Sirens

Before Birds Of Prey bombed it was pretty much announced we would be seeing The Gotham City Sirens next directed by David Ayer. But after this the film was shelved and we haven't heard anything since. With Margot Robbie's return as Harley Quinn confrimed for The Suicide Squad it is clear there are still plans for the character and with a more popular support crew of Poison Ivy and Catwoman it could work. The issues here is that Birds Of Prey bombed financially so it would be a suprise for DC to put faith in the character of Harley Quinn to lead here. Also Zoe Kravitz was just cast as Catwoman in The Batman so will they want two different Catwomans, also the relationship with Harley and Ivy is being explored on the Harley Quinn TV show so would they want to do that again. But I just think Birds Of Prey's lack of success will hold this back from being a strong candidate but I think this one is a slight chance.

5. Batman Beyond

Now we get into the real possibilities starting with Batman Beyond. This story was done in animated form to universal praise and ever since people have wanted this story in live action. Centred around a different man as Batman in a different universe the opportunites are there to be seen, plus with Michael Keaton returning as Batman there is a chance he could have a role here. The reason this is so high on the list is that in the last day or two it has been heavily reported that DC are developing a Batman Beyond movie which is why it is here. The only reason I can see for this not being the case is that with The Batman set to come out next year they might not like to have two very different Batman properties as it might confuse the general audience, but I think there is a good chance this is one of the movies announced.

4. Constantine 

This one is new for me, but in the last day it has been reported that DC are set to make a new Constantine movie with Keanu Reeves in talks to return and JJ Abrams set to produce and possibly direct. I mean if true this is big news, but honestly I would rather see Matt Ryan who plays the character on DC television get the chance here as he is a much better Constantine. But I can possibly see this film happening as it would be something different for the DCEU and it even could help set up a Justice League Dark Movie with Constantine as a major part. The only reason that I am a little bit skeptical is that this news has come out of knowhere and hasn't been verified. But I can see DC wanting to take their films in a different direction so I think there is a high chance that this film gets announced as happening. 

3. Zatanna

This is maybe the most interesting choice on this list as the last few days has revealed that a Zatanna film is set to be made. For those who do not know Zatanna is powerful in Magic, so powerful she can take down Superman, with an interesting story. Similar to Constantine she could have a movie to set up a future Justice League Dark appearance, also a new female character would be a great choice of next film for DC. This film could lead to some very unique ideas and choices of roles, I think they would need some big names here as Zatanna isn't a well known character. But I think this is a likely choice to be announced as it ticks all the boxes for what DC would be looking for in an interesting new franchise.

2. Man Of Steel 2 

Now I must admit, this is a bit heart over head as I really want this film to be announced. I love Man Of Steel and I want to see Henry Cavill to be given another chance with the character, it has also been rumoured that JJ Abrams could direct it which I think would be a great choice. It's funny because Cavill has been talking about Superman a lot recently and I just have a thought this is him teasing us as he knows this film is set to go. Honestly, I could be so wrong here but I really want to be right and for some reason I really think I am. 

1. The New Gods

Now this is the most likely film to be announced here, it was reported that Ava Duvernay would be directing a New Gods film. Honestly I know very little about New Gods, just that it focuses on Darkseid which could be really interesting. I think this is the most likely as Duvernay has been talking about this film a lot and I think with Darkseid appearing in The Snyder Cut they are going to want to flesh out the character in the future. 

Overall I am excited about this announcement and I hope DC delivers as if set out properly they could have a really good set of films coming out that could even do a good job of competing with Marvel Studios. 










No comments:

Post a Comment