Monday, July 27, 2020

Netflix announces Witcher Prequel show called Blood Origins - My Thoughts

Netflix announces Witcher Prequel show called Blood Origins - My Thoughts


So big news came out today that Netflix have officially green lit The Witcher prequel which will be called Blood Origins and here are some of my thoughts on this news.

It will have 6 episodes

The original show had 8 episodes but it has been confirmed that this show will only have 6 and I think that is good news. One of my criticisms of the original show is that maybe it had a few to many episodes so this could be considered a great length and could trim the fat off of the show.

Will be set 1,200 years before the original show

It has also been confirmed that this show will be set 1,200 years before the events of the original show and will focus on the original Witcher and the history of the elves. This could be interesting as we don't learn too much about the history of the Witchers so this show can flesh out the order and maybe look how people would react to be given this power. 

Will Henry Cavill make an appearance

We know that Henry Cavill loves playing Geralt of Riviera so any chance he could get to play the character I think he would take it, but I am not sure he will be seen here. With the show taking place 1,200 years before his show it seems like this story will focus on other characters and leave Geralt as the face of the main show. 

Could this show have multiple seasons

The main show was incredibly sequel and is easily set for a great future and I wonder if as successful could this show do the same. With the time difference between the two shows I think there is potential for a multiple season show and that is pretty exciting. 

Overall

Overall, I think this great news, I loved The Witcher and I think there is plenty of story to be told so this hopefully will be of similar quality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment