Monday, December 28, 2020

Most Anticipated Films of 2021

Most Anticipated Films of 2021

So we have got towards the end of 2020 and it has been a terrible year in general and for the film industry. Hopefully, if things can get better next year then 2021 could see a bit of a recovery for the industry and there are some big films set to come out to aid in that. There are plenty of films that I am excited for next year but I have got the list to 10 and for different reasons these are the ones I have chosen and the ones that I am most excited for. 

10. The Matrix 4


First on the list is The Matrix 4 at this point there have been 3 Matrix films and there have been more bad ones then good and I really hope that changes. The first film was revolutionary and is one of the truly great sci-fi action films and created a fascinating world to build on. Keanu Reeves is back as Neo and I hope that with his return this franchise is finally going to get the sequel it deserves and maybe even get people excited for future stories involving The Matrix. 

9. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 


After Avengers: Endgame, the future of the MCU was something to be excited for and next year Shang-Chi The Legend of the Ten Rings is coming out and I am very excited for it. It seems to be something totally different to other comic book films and I think that is something most wanted, I know very little about the character so that leaves me not really knowing what to expect and that has me very interested in this film. 

8. Death On The Nile 


I liked The Murder on the Orient Express but realised it needed improvement and I am really hoping this is the film that does that. I loved the tone for the trailer for this film and it had me captivated and incredibly interested in the whole surrounding of this film. The cast is superb, Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Letitia Wright and more add tonnes of quality and hopefully a really well written murder mystery film. 

7. Mission Impossible 7



Pretty ironic that this film is 7th on the list but it is the next Mission Impossible film. This film has gained some big publicity over the last few weeks for Tom Cruise's hilarious tirades but I am looking forward to this film. The last 3 films in the franchise have been brilliant and some of the best films of the past few years and hopefully this film can continue the quality and really ramp up the levels. 

6. Spider-Man 3


If I made this film last year then this would have been number 1 on this list for sure because the end of Far From Home was amazing and really did a great job in setting up the future of the character. But since then we have heard all the stories about the Spider-Verse stuff and yes I am excited for it but I am worried that it will take away from the main plot and bog the film down. Overall, I am still really excited for this film and I think it is either going to be amazing or terrible and that is a fascinating prospect. 

5. Top Gun: Maverick


A film that was on last years list but didn't come out due to covid, so it is coming out this year and I am still pretty excited for it. Top Gun is a really fun film and it is a bout time we get a sequel and the trailer got me invested and made me hope that Tom Cruise will take the quality from his Mission Impossible films to this film to make 2021 hopefully a great year for him and films involving him. 

4. Black Widow 


Another casualty from last years list is here and it the solo film for Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow. Though I am not as hyped for this film in 2021 and I would have been if it had come out in 2016 I am still excited for it. The trailer showed an action packed film that will have fun performances and hopefully a stand out villain in The Taskmaster. This film should give Johansson a send off that she deserves for all the work she has done to establish this character in the MCU. 

3. Dune


Before the trailer came out for this film I wasn't sure what to think but after this trailer I am so hyped for Dune. The brilliant cast and brilliant visuals could combine to provide one of the best blockbusters in recent memories. We should have already seen this film but now we have almost another year to wait but it should be worth it and judging by the trailer I saw I think we are in for a great cinematic experience. 

2. No Time To Die     


My number one film on last years list makes it onto this years list but a space below. Daniel Craig's final outing as James Bond looks fantastic, the trailers for the film have been action packed and heavy hitting and has a great supporting cast that will hopefully give him the farewell he deserves. He has has a mixed bag as the character and No Time To Die gives him the chance to go out on a high and I am super excited for it. 

1. The Suicide Squad


The number 1 film on this list is the DC film The Suicide Squad. Everything I have seen about this film has me buzzing for it and hopefully will give the fans of these characters the depictions they deserve. With James Gunn as the director and a great and eclectic choice of actors and characters it will hopefully deliver a unique comic book film that will rank right up there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment