Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Opinion - Why The Mandalorian just set up an Ahsoka Tano Spinoff Show

Opinion - Why The Mandalorian just set up an Ahsoka Tano Spinoff Show 


So The Mandalorian just delivered its most important and in my opinion best episode ever as it introduced Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano, a character who gained popularity in The Clone Wars & Rebels animated shows. The reaction has been really great and I thought Dawson did a fantastic job and she fit seemingly into this universe and added so much to the episode that unsurprisingly people want to see more of her and I know I won't be the first to suggest this but I believe that this has set up an Ahsoka show and here are the reasons why. 

She is a character who deserves her own show 

Even though I would argue that Ahsoka is the lead character of The Clone Wars show, I believe that she is worthy of her own mini series in live action. I think that it is important to remember that Ahsoka is the first main Female Jedi that we see, I know there are a few cameos of female Jedi before but for many young girls she was the first female Jedi they saw on screen. After the great debut and with the upcoming Boba Fett & Obi-Wan shows why not add one more show to the list to keep people really invested in there Disney+ series. 

She shouldn't appear on The Mandalorian again

Now before people go crazy about this reason hear me out. I thought the addition of Ahsoka was fantastic in this recent episode but lets face it she took all the spotlight of the episode and the stuff involving Mando wasn't as interesting. So for me I think it would be a good idea to give her more focus on her own show instead of bringing her back to The Mandalorian where she would overshadow Mando all too often. 

They have set up a clear story for Ahsoka 

The main reason I think this could happen is because the episode introduces a story for an Ahsoka TV series. We see in the episode that Ahsoka is on the hunt for former Imperial head Grand Admiral Thrawn, this has nothing to do with Mando's story and needs more time to be explored in her own show and bring back characters such as Sabine Wren and Rex. 

Make Dave Filoni the showrunner

One thing that was apparent in this episode is that Dave Filoni loves the character of Ahsoka. He is the main visionary of The Clone Wars and Rebels and with George Lucas created the character of Ahsoka, he also directed the episode of The Mandalorian and did a fantastic job of re-introducing her to the wide audience. I know this could mean he would have to take less of a role on The Mandalorian but I think it would be worth it if we got the quality that we did in this episode on a whole show. 

Can bring Ezra Bridger and Grand Admiral Thrawn to live action 

Now we saw Thrawn's teaser in this episode so that has me super excited to see him in the flesh. For those that don't know at the end of Star Wars Rebels Jedi Ezra Bridger and Grand Admiral Thrawn travelled to the unknown regions of the Galaxy. We now know that Ahsoka has kept up with the search for the characters and I can't wait to see these two great characters in this setting. 

Overall

Overall, I thought Rosario Dawson was fantastic as Ahsoka and like everybody who watched the episode I want to see more of her and I think a series is the best way to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment