Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Worst Films of 2020

Worst Films of 2020

2020 has obviously been a terrible year and that continues into the film industry as a whole and in terms of films I saw this year I feel like there was clearly more films that were average to bad in terms of good so this list was the hardest list so with the films I watched here are the worst of the year. 

10. Fatal Affair


God here we go, when Fatal Attraction was a success it spawned plenty of awful copycats and here is the next one Fatal Affair and it is really bad. Awfully acted and a truly bad story and characterisation, this film is laughable and is so bad that all you can do is chuckle to yourself, before you realise you are wasting your time and thank god it's a short film and I will never have to put myself through it again. 

9. Secret Society of Second Born Royals


Okay I know this film wasn't made for me and is aimed at families and kids but that doesn't change the fact that it is really bad. The characters are awful, the effects are awful and the whole film is awful. You can tell Disney were trying to make a new franchise here but they failed miserably, stick to The Mandalorian and Marvel, and stop making awful duds ;ole Secret Society of Second Born Royals. 

8. Dangerous Lies


This film is so boring and bad for the majority of it, not a lot is going and there was nothing for me to care about, not even A-Train from The Boys could save this mess. But then the last act happens and it is the unintentionally most hilarious and stupid thing I maybe have ever seen, it defies all logic and just has you scratching your head and laughing at the same time. It isn't the worst film of the year but it is just so drab and then unintentionally hilarious. 

7. Artemis Fowl 


The next of the terrible Disney projects and it is Artemis Fowl and this one hurts more because the books are very beloved and this film butchers them. Some good actors delivering hilariously bad performances, a great director who is handcuffed by the studio creatively and an effects budget that is clearly not enough for this film leads to this film being an utter mess. It is short which saves it from being higher but I just couldn't believe how bad this film was and avoid at all cost. 

6. The Grudge 


I am not a fan of horror films and films like The Grudge are the reason to that. They are lazy and just cheap scares instead of actually building suspense to scare like The Invisible Man did. This film is so uninspired and paint by numbers, the performances are bad, the scares are bad and just everything about this film is bad and just don't watch this film. 

5. Hubie Halloween 


You know a film is going to be bad when the main star says he is trying to make a bad film and Hubie Halloween is that film and it lives up to Adam Sandler's promise as it is a bad film. It isn't funny at all and Sandler is terrible in it, he should stick to drama as his days of comedy are over and this film shows that. If you like films like Grown Ups then you might like this but not for me and a film I will never ever watch again. 

4. The Last Days of American Crime 


This film had a big build-up from Netflix and it failed completely. The film is so slow and tedious I mean its 2 hours and 30 minutes of awfulness and my god it is boring for at least 2 hours and 25 minutes and it made me want to tear out the small amount of hair I had left. This film is really bad and it is just way too long so please do not give this film the light of day. 

3. Horse Girl 


Netflix are here and spoilers the top three are all from Netflix and the first is Horse Girl. My god what a boring film where nothing happens. Honestly, I watched it so long ago that I have actually forgotten why I hated it but I just remember it being so boring and a film that was very pretentious and loved itself and I didn't find anything worthwhile from it. 

2. The Wrong Missy 


Oh look we aren't done with The Sander comedy crew as here is The Wrong Missy and this is one of the most annoying and awful comedies not only of 2020 but that has ever been made. This film is just not funny, David Spade is bad and Lauren Lapkus gives the worst performance of the year by far, she is so unlikeable and if her character was a man there would have been an outcry and this film would never have been made. Just stop making these films, any normal year this would have been the worst film of the year but one other film annoyed me more. 

1. 365 DNI


So a few years ago for some bizarre reason I watched 50 Shades of Grey and it was one of the worst films I have ever seen, so in 2020 I basically watched the Italian version and this was even worse. 365 DNI is so bad and it just makes no sense, the people in the film are awful and the film doesn't even do a good job with the Sex as it doesn't work because the two performers have no chemistry on screen at all. Also it has a truly awful ending and with all these things together it makes it the worst film of 2020. 

No comments:

Post a Comment